One of the nation's first mixed-use redevelopments, Crown Center is an 85-acre complex that welcomes more than five million visitors each year.
- Hallmark Cards, Inc. founder Joyce C. Hall and his son, longtime Hallmark chairman Donald J. Hall envisioned the complex. It is home to Hallmark's international headquarters. Crown Center Redevelopment Corp. is a Hallmark subsidiary.
- Five interconnected, seven-story buildings comprised the initial office complex, completed in 1971.
- More than 2.2 million square feet of existing office space
- The shopping center offers nearly 300,000 square feet of leasable space.
- Home to two world-class hotels, the Westin Kansas City and the Sheraton Kansas City
- The Crown Center Square Fountain features 49 water jets and 48 water shooters that spout up to 60 feet in the air.
- Six-acre residential community with more than 230 condominiums
In the early 1960s, this area was filled with rutted parking lots, abandoned warehouses and a limestone hill cluttered with signs. Crown Center has reversed the decline and its existence has spurred remarkable redevelopment nearby.
View a PDF document with more extensive details about our history.